Zinc picolinate is a highly available form of zinc supplement, easily dissolved to release the elemental zinc for use in the body. Picolinic acid helps with the absorption across the intestine wall.
Product Introduction :
Zinc is found throughout the body and is involved in a considerable number of processes and functions:
- the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and vitamin A
- keeping the immune system working
- protein manufacture and the maintenance of healthy skin, hair and nails
- muscle growth and reproductive health
- DNA synthesis and cell division
- as an antioxidant, protecting cells from oxidative damage
- maintaining healthy bones
- supporting cognitive performance
- normal visionThe body is able to regulate its zinc levels so that within certain limits any excess is discarded. A supplement is only required in cases of deficiency, or in cases of clinical need for a specific targeted application of zinc.The daily requirement of zinc is readily available in a balanced diet, including vegetarian diets if they include wholegrains and pulses (such as beans and lentils).
|Serving Size 1 capsule|
|Serving per container 90|
|Amount Per Capsule||% Daily Value|
|Zinc (from Zinc Picolinate)||50mg||455%|
Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (capsule).
DIRECTIONS / DOSAGE Take 1 one capsule once daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. WARNING If pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your health care practitioner before using. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. STORAGE Store in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.